In 1979, Sarah’s Circle was started as an Illinois nonprofit dedicated to serve single women in Chicago who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Today, this vision holds true. Sarah’s Circle provides basic necessities in a safe and accepting environment to any woman in need, while focusing on permanent solutions. Through a full continuum of services, Sarah’s Circle addresses the complex needs of each woman, including the causes of her homelessness and how to help her transition into permanent and stable housing.
Sarah’s Circle practices the Housing First model, and there are no barriers to service. We are proud of our accomplishments in 2019:
• Transitioned 110 women from homelessness into permanent and stable housing, a 21% increae over the year before
• Provided supportive services and basic needs to 796 women in our programs
• 93% of women helped into permanent housing in 2018 have retained it for at least one year
• Helped meet the basic needs of women by providing over 73,000 meals
• Helped 37 women gain employment
• Provided a safe, temporary home for 309 women through our Interim Housing Program
• Provided case management to 526 women, a 35% increase over the year prior
• Began construction on a new facility that will provide an improved space for our Interim Housing program, additional programming space, as well as 38 units of Permanent Supportive Housing for women who are homeless
Please see our mission page for more information on why we specialize in serving women in need.