In 1979, Sarah’s Circle was started as an Illinois nonprofit dedicated to serve single women in Chicago who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Today, this vision holds true. Sarah’s Circle provides basic necessities in a safe and accepting environment to any woman in need, while focusing on permanent solutions. Through a full continuum of services, Sarah’s Circle addresses the complex needs of each woman, including the causes of her homelessness and how to help her transition into permanent and stable housing.
Sarah’s Circle practices the Housing First model, and there are no barriers to service. We are proud of our accomplishments in 2018:
• Transitioned 91 women from homelessness into permanent and stable housing
• Provided supportive services and basic needs to 798 women in our programs
• 96% of women helped into permanent housing in 2017 have retained it for at least one year
• Helped meet the basic needs of women by providing over 62,000 meals
• Helped 30 women gain employment
• Provided a safe, temporary home for 255 women through our Interim Housing Program
• Provided case management to 390 women, a 13% increase over the year prior
• Completed the zoning and special use approval process for the agency’s new building to be located in Uptown
Please see our mission page for more information on why we specialize in serving women in need.